Client: Comptel is an international Software and Services Company specialized in telecommunications and serving any company which has the need for processing staggering amount of data and acting upon it.
Project Scope: The client needed the installation and customization of its platform to process the Fixed Telephony Traffic CDRs of a global carrier. Inbound Co-Billing, Outbound Co-Billing and Interconnection CDRs, should be analysed from the OSS, and transfer the processed data to the BSS systems of carrier management: Billing, Interconnection, DW, Fraud Control and Revenue Assurance, among others.
Implemented Solution: VMN+ participated in the project with a team of analysts specialized in BSS/OSS business and software developers, who relieved the client’s needs and designed the solution to be implemented using the provided platforms. Some of the differential characteristics of the application are:
- CDRs processing from various sources: the solution allows processing files originated in any of the network switches, supporting formats from different vendors such as: Ericsson, Lucent, Alcatel, Huawei, Siemens and technologies 2G, 2.5G, PSTN/IN, IP, Satellite, VAS.
- Management of Dynamic Business Rules: the rules module allows its administration from a web application avoiding hardcore controls and validations inside the application.
- Possibility of On-line processing: the tool allows the traffic mediation to be done on-line or batch, depending on the business needs.
- For the Fraud Control outputs calls can be processed on-line.
- Scalability: the implemented architecture allows the expansion of the processed volumes and the processing distribution in more than one host.
- Low-maintenance requirement: the implementation allows reflecting the changes in network architecture adding or eliminating switches without the need of full reimplementation.
- Rejections Management and data error: the solution includes a module of file management and rejected records which allow configuring the treatment required. The supported rejections are both at logical levels and wrong or invalid data at physical levels: record format, invalid files, duplicates, etc.
- Audit Management: the application stores audit information from the processed and rejected records obtaining reports and consulting indicators with totals and partials processed. Data about the changes made over the rule setting and over the whole application are also stored.
- Strong User Interface: the web interface allows monitoring the processing flow, processed CDRs state, rejected reprocessing, and the business rule setting.
- Implementation of this application allowed optimizing CDRs processing time, increasing processing capacity and reducing the resource requirements for the mediation process management.
- Time reduction in work processes.
- Reduction of errors and rejections.
- Client Satisfaction increase.