Client: Clarín is an Argentine morning paper published in the city of Buenos Aires, founded in 1945.
It is a tabloid and it is the newspaper with the largest circulation in Argentina.
Industry: Corporation. Media.
Project Scope: The need involved the introduction into the market of an App that stands out from the existing news Apps. Simple, fast and concise at the moment of informing the user. An App where everything that has happened at the very last moment could be visualized in short timelines as well as having access to additional services such as traffic information, weather, horoscope, real-time surveys, etc.
Implemented Solution: VMN+ participated in the analysis and development of the mobile applications for iOS and Android system devices trying to keep native platform guidelines and to develop the solution required by the client in a transparent and robust way.
- Mobile Application: A mobile application in its native environment was developed for both platforms offering the following benefits:
– Real-time visualization of news generated by Client Editorial Area.
– Multimedia content news (image gallery, audio and video)
– Automatic news timeline updating.
– Most relevant news notification in real-time even if the application is not active (by Push notifications)
– Content integration with the main social websites (Facebook, Twitter and Google+)
- Additional Services: The development includes a geo-referenced service in the device which allows not only receiving news but also data from the following services:
– Current weather conditions (temperature, pressure, humidity) and the extended forecast for the following days of the area where the user is located.
– Sporting events minute-by-minute (including partial and final results)
– Horoscope with daily predictions.
– Real-time surveys.
– Advertising module with geo-location.
– Economic reports (Currency Value and Stock Exchange results)
– Geo-referenced traffic problems alarm.
- Background Services: The application receives the information by REST services that are stored in the system. This allows the user to have a greater agility when using the application as well as to access with no Internet connectivity required. Company tracking services such as Flurry, ComScore, Gigya,etc. were also implemented for business management and usage statistics.
Technologies: Development in native environments:
- iOS: Objective-C (Xcode 5) for 6.1 or later version.
- Android: Java (Eclipse with ADT) for 2.3 or later version.
Facebook, Google Code, Twitter, Gigya, ComScore, Flurry and infoBip native frameworks were also applied.